For those of you who are not familiar with the Skull Canyon NUC, it is the latest Intel Core i7-6770HQ powered NUC that is by far and large the most powerful NUC ever released by Intel. It abandons the familiar 4×4 chassis in favor of a wider chassis that offers better cooling for the relatively powerful 45-watt TDP CPU.
Note that it will ship with two lids: one with the “Skull logo” and one plain black.
Here’s a short list of the specifications.
- Intel Core i7-6770HQ processor (Quad-core, max. 3.5 GHz, TDP 45 W)
- Intel Iris Pro 580 Graphics
- Two DDR4 SO-DIMM sockets (up to 32 GB, 2133+ MHz)
- Two M.2 slots with flexible support for a 42 or 80 mm SATA or PCIe SSD
- Integrated Wireless-AC 8260 and Bluetooth 4.2 adapter
- SDXC card reader (UHS-I)
- Four USB 3.0 ports (including one charging port)
- Consumer infrared sensor
- Intel Gigabit LAN adapter
- One Mini DisplayPort version 1.2
- One Thunderbolt 3 port with USB 3.1 (USB Type-C connector)
- One full-size HDMI 2.0 display port
If you’d like to order yourself one, go talk to the NUC Guru, who can recommend you a matching SSD drive and memory modules. By using the tool you can get an easy shopping list of parts that you will need.