The first reviews of the Hades Canyon NUC (NUC8i7HVK) have been posted by the big boys that get their engineering sample devices from Intel before they’re available in the shops.
Out of all the reviews I’ve seen so far, I’d recommend reading the AnandTech and the PCPer reviews.
Basically what we can take home from these reviews:
- The performance is approximately double of the Skull Canyon in 3DMark
- Hades Canyon beats i5-8400 with GTX 1050Ti by about 25% in some benchmarks, real world gaming performance about on par
- The raw CPU performance is about 20% better than Skull Canyon
- The fan noise is minimal at idle and low loads, not bad even at higher loads
- Power consumption between 17 and 230 watts
- The skull logo is made with LEDs and can be disabled in the BIOS
I’m waiting to get my hands on the unit. It should be available in stores here in Europe very soon…