The Skull Canyon NUC Specs are Published (NUC6i7KYK)
Intel has published the specs for the upcoming Skull Canyon NUC at the Game Developers Conference (GDC) 2016. Those who are not aware of this product, it is the Skylake i7 NUC we are talking about. The product name for this most-powerful-ever i7 NUC will be NUC6i7KYK. And the specifications are pretty impressive indeed: Quad-core i7 CPU with Iris Pro GPU, USB Type-C port with Thunderbolt 3, HDMI 2.0 port, two M.2 slots, possibility to use external GPUs via Thunderbolt 3. Interestingly, there’s no slot for a 2.5″ drive – it’s all SSD for this one. Release date is expected to be in May 2016 and the barebones NUC is currently listed at $543.96. You will need to add memory and SSD drive, which means that the fully equipped NUC will total at $800-1000 depending on your choices.
Skull Canyon NUC Features
- Intel Core i7-6770HQ processor (Quad-core, max. 3.5 GHz, TDP 45 W)
- Intel Iris Pro 580 Graphics
- Two DDR4 SO-DIMM sockets (up to 32 GB, 2133+ MHz)
- Two M.2 slots with flexible support for a 42 or 80 mm SATA or PCIe SSD
- Integrated Wireless-AC 8260 and Bluetooth 4.2 adapter
- SDXC card reader (UHS-I)
- Four USB 3.0 ports (including one charging port)
- Consumer infrared sensor
- Intel Gigabit LAN adapter
- One Mini DisplayPort version 1.2
- One Thunderbolt 3 port with USB 3.1 (USB Type-C connector)
- One full-size HDMI 2.0 display port
We’re looking forward to getting this unit in our hands for a more thorough review! Meanwhile, check out the Intel’s website for full NUC6i7KYK coverage.