First Major BIOS Update for NUC7CJYH (Gemini Lake NUC)
Intel has released the BIOS version 0037 for Gemini Lake NUCs NUC7CJYH and NUC7PJYH. There seems to be quite a significant amount of fixes in the release notes, although I didn’t notice a significant difference. In any case, I’d recommend any new Gemini Lake owner to update their BIOS to the latest. I always use the F7 method: copy the .BIO file to a USB stick, plug it into the NUC, restart and press F7 to start the update.
There have been reports of Ethernet problems after the BIOS update. I’ll double check this and get back to you as I’ve been using the WiFi lately.
If you are using Linux, the update may change the name of your Ethernet device from enp2s0 to eno1, so you might need to change the configuration manually after the installation. Windows users will probably not notice anything.
Changes according to the release notes are:
- Removed Legacy Boot Priority pane from BIOS Setup.
- Fixed issues with TPM Clear page.
- Fixed issue with Digital Microphone.
- Updated EC firmware to version 2.23.
- Fixed issue with SMBIOS Structure Types.
- Fixed issue with Unattended BIOS Configuration item.
- Updated PMC firmware to version 06.05.00.
- Updated TXE firmware to version 188.8.131.522.
- Updated processor support.
- Fixed issue with HDD SMART and NVMe timeout.
- Fixed USB port issue.
- Updated GOP to version 13.0.1016.
I’m also receiving my order of NUC7PJYH, so will finally be able to get some benchmark data from that model and compare it to the NUC7CJYH as well as the Apollo Lake NUC from last year…