Some More Coffee Lake NUC Details
The new Coffee Lake NUCs are soon going to hit the shelves, but details have been pretty scarce until lately. FanlessTech published yesterday the CPU models of each Bean Canyon / Coffee Lake NUC.
The models will be:
- NUC8i3BEH/K, Core i3-8109U CPU
- NUC8i5BEH/K, Core i5-8259U CPU
- NUC8i7BEH, Core i7-8559U CPU
The models ending in letter H will have a higher case with a 2.5″ drive slot and the models ending with ‘K’ will have a more compact case with only M.2 slot for storage. The i7 will only be available in a higher case. For cooling related reasons I presume.
The specifications on the CPUs are all publicly available on Intel’s website already. Click here to see a handy comparison of all three.
Some details we already know:
- i3: dual-core with hyperthreading, i5/i7: quad-core with hyperthreading
- all CPUs will have a TDP of 28 watts
- all CPUs will feature the Iris Plus 655 GPU, clocked up to 1.05 GHz on i3/i5 and up to 1.20 GHz on i7
- GPU will include 128 MB EDRAM
- DDR4-2400 RAM, max. 32 GB
- WiFi Wireless-AC 9560 (802.11ac, Dual Band, 2×2 Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 5)
28 watts CPUs definitely present a challenge cooling-wise, so I certainly hope the cooling solution has been improved since Kaby Lake NUCs.
The early engineering samples have been out there for a while. I was talking to a developer running Linux on the i3 model, and we can see the BIOS version 0030 was dated April 26th. Typically it takes a few months from the point these engineering samples are out, so I’d expect these units to be available in July/August timeframe.
[ 0.000000] DMI: Intel Corporation NUC8i3BEK/NUC8BEB, BIOS BECFL357.86A.0030.2018.0426.1151 04/26/2018 ... [ 0.028998] smpboot: CPU0: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-8109U CPU @ 3.00GHz (family: 0x6, model: 0x8e, stepping: 0xa) ... [ 1.494954] [drm] Found 128MB of eDRAM ... [ 7.897562] iwlwifi 0000:00:14.3: Detected Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless AC 9560, REV=0x318
Furthermore, you can find regulatory information regarding these NUCs posted on Intel web site already, but nothing too interesting there yet.