2019/2020 Intel NUC Roadmap Leaked
A member on the PCEVA forums has published of what seems a pretty credible roadmap for consumer Intel NUCs (well, the “Core” ones) for 2019/2020.
Here are some interesting points:
- Ghost Canyon (Hades Canyon successor) will have 6 and 8 core Coffee Lake Refresh CPUs (i7 and i9) with Intel GPU.
- Ghost Canyon models will have a slot for an external GPU.
- There will also be an i5 Ghost Canyon model.
- Frost Canyon will be the successor for Bean Canyon. It has the 14nm Comet Lake-U architecture. Don’t expect big surprises there.
- Islay Canyon will be a very similar model to Crimson Canyon (expect a review of the Crimson Canyon this week by the way), but with an i5 CPU.
Those 8 core/16 thread CPUs in the Ghost Canyon will surely please some of the virtualization home labbers. Dropping the Radeon GPUs from Ghost Canyon could indicate that Intel is upping its game in the GPU area.
What do you think? Write your comments below!